Head of Data Science
We are looking for a Head of Data Science for Rockaway Blockchain Fund – Venture Capital firm focused on the blockchain industry and digital assets. The Head of Data Science will be responsible for establishing a data science practice in the fund.
Build data science practice
- Define long term data science strategy to establish RBF as the leading data-driven fund withing the blockchain industry. Create implementation roadmap. Manage and deliver on the roadmap.
- Define and automate tracking of key performance indicators (“KPIs”) for portfolio companies and key competitors (such as Price-to-Earnings ratio, Price-to-Burn ratio, transaction volume, trading volume, monetary velocity, etc.).
- Analyze public blockchain data to find asymmetries between KPIs and asset prices on secondary market. Find patterns leading to anomalies in asset valuations.
- Develop processes and algorithms for automated lead generation. (i.e., by scanning credible newsletters, twitter feeds, Google trends, Alexa rankings, blog posts, etc.).
- Create industry benchmarks
Thought leadership & networking
- Periodically write articles and knowledge nuggets. Actively seek speaking opportunities at crypto conferences.
- Establish and nurture network of technical founders and subject matter experts.
- Build relationships with strategic fund partners and industry influencers.
- 10 out of 10 drive and sense of ownership.
- Ability to structure, analyze and synthesize complex problems.
- Experience and successful track record in building and leading data science teams (minimum 3 years) or leading development of data-focused products (minimum 2 years).
- IT background, degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Proficient English communication
- (Plus) Expertise in blockchain data mining.
- (Plus) Experience in cryptocurrency/digital asset investing.
- (Plus) Established network and relationships with VCs, blockchain companies, media and conferences.