We are looking for an Investment Manager for Rockaway Blockchain Fund - Venture Capital firm focused on the blockchain industry and digital assets. This position will take end-to-end responsibility for investments from sourcing through deal execution, portfolio management to exit.
- Follow the blockchain industry, identify trends and segments to continuously improve the investment strategy. Own specific investment strategy verticals (i.e. derivatives platforms, marketplaces for trading of virtual game assets).
- Proactively generate deal flow, screen companies, run the due diligence process and prepare investment committee-ready documents including valuation models. Present deals to the investment committee.
- Negotiate deal terms with the company and potentially with co-investment partners.
- Lead periodic calls with other top blockchain VCs (e.g. A16Z, Polychain, Pantera) to discuss market trends, portfolio companies and new leads.
- Track progress and add value to the portfolio companies (i.e., schedule CEO mtgs., challenge the business model and go-to-market strategy, define areas where to help, bring in experts, help fill-in key management positions, introduce to corporates).
- Define and help in exit strategy of your portfolio companies.
Thought leadership & networking
- Periodically write articles and knowledge nuggets. Actively seek speaking opportunities at crypto conferences.
- Establish and nurture network of technical founders and subject matter experts.
- Build relationships with strategic fund partners and industry influencers.
- 10 out of 10 drive and sense of ownership.
- Ability to structure, analyze and synthesize complex problems.
- Ability to establish working relationships with industry leaders, founders and fund partners.
- Experience and successful track record in PE or VC investing (minimum 2 years) or Tier 1 consulting firm (minimum 4 years).
- Proficient English communication.
- Proficient Excel modeling.
- IT background and business degree/ CFA.
- (Plus) Expertise in blockchain/ cryptocurrency investing.
- (Plus) Established network and relationships with VCs, blockchain companies, media and conferences.